加入简七
 找回密码
 加入简七

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

【推荐】《纸牌屋》第一季台词精选70句

2014-2-28 00:30| 发布者: 简七理财| 查看: 3240| 评论: 0

简七读财(微信号:jane7ducai)1. There are two kinds of pain.The sort of pain that makes you strong or useless pain.The sort of pain that's only suffering.痛苦分两种,一种让你变得更强,另一种毫无价值 ...
简七读财
微信号:jane7ducai


1. There are two kinds of pain. 

The sort of pain that makes you strong or useless pain.The sort of pain that's only suffering.

痛苦分两种,一种让你变得更强,另一种毫无价值,只是徒添折磨。


2. And a person's character isn't determined by how he or she enjoys victory,but rather how he or she endures defeat.

一个人的品行,不取决于这人如何享受胜利,而在于这人如何忍受失败。


3. Power's a lot like real estate.It's all about location, location, location.The closer you are to the source,the higher your property value.

权力就像房地产,位置是所有的一切,你离中心越近,你的财产就越值钱。


4.He chose money over power--In this town, a mistake nearly everyone makes. Money is the McMansion in Sarasota that starts falling apart after ten years. Power is the old stone building that stands for centuries.

为了钱而放弃权力,这个城市里几乎人人都犯了这个错。金钱是萨拉索塔的巨无霸豪宅,保质期就只有十年,权力是古老的石砌建筑,能屹立数百年。 


5. Don't play dumb with me.

别跟我装傻。


6. What are we supposed to do in the face of so much senseless pain? And he said to me,"What else can we do but take what seems meaningless and try to make something meaningful from it?" 

在这些无意义痛苦面前,我们该怎么做?他告诉我:“除了从无意义的事中,尽力挖掘出一些有意义的东西,我们还能做什么呢?”


7. Of course we should enjoy our success and be grateful for it. But never let your gratitude sour into pride.

我们当然应该享受成功并心怀感激,但千万不要让感激变为骄傲。


8. Nothing can help us endure dark times better than our faith.

没什么比信仰更能支撑我们度过艰难时光了。


9. What is faith? If it doesn't endure when we are tested the most?

信仰是什么?不就是在考验最严峻时依旧能坚持到底吗?


10. How is it the world keeps spinning and you manage to stay ahead of it?

为何世界瞬息万变,你却总能走在前面?


11.You are never to dictate what I can and cannot do. The only two words I want to hear from you when I ask you to do something are "Yes" and "Sir."

我能做什么不能做什么,你管不着。我吩咐你做事的时候,只想听到两个词,"是的"和"先生"。


12.I almost pity him. He didn't choose to be put on my platter.When I carve him up and toss him to the dogs,only then will he confront that brutal inescapable truth.

我几乎要可怜他了。他也不想做我的盘中肉。等到我把他剁碎了喂狗,他才会承认那残忍的难以逃避的真相。


13. You can't just roll up on my property and act like you own it.

你休想跑到我家来还摆出一副你的地盘的样子。


14. Most politicians are permanently chained to that slogan...family values.But when you cozy up to hookers and I find out,I will make that hypocrisy hurt.

"家庭价值",大多数政客终生都被这句口号所束缚。要是你和妓女厮混,被我发现,你就得为这份虚伪付出代价。


15.You've been with older men before? Then you know they hurt you, and after they hurt you,they discard you.

你以前和老男人处过,那你该知道他们会伤害你,然后将你遗弃。


16.I don't use people unless I can throw them away afterwards.I'm trying to strengthen our partnership.

我不会利用我事后不能甩开的人,我是在强化我们之间的合作关系。


17. Any kid who's made it from the streets of South Philly to the Capitol Rotunda is ambitious. We just need to tap into that, surround him with the best people and then build the machine and push the go button.

任何能从费城南部的大街上爬到国会圆形大厅的孩子都有野心。我们只要激起这份野心,给他最优秀的人才,建立好团队,就能勇往直前。

 

18. Where's the Pete Russo who knew how to throw a punch when his back was against the wall?

那个被逼入绝境也要誓死反抗的彼得·罗素哪去了?

 

19. We can't turn back time. We have to hold our ground.

时光不能倒流,我们必须坚守阵地。

 

20. I forced myself into a corner. Only total victory will put me back in his good graces. The alternative is exile.

我把自己逼到了墙角,只有完胜才能让我重获他的青睐,否则就是出局。

 

21. From this moment on, you are a rock. You absorb nothing, you say nothing, and nothing breaks you.

从这一刻起,你就是一块石头,万物不侵,一言不发,坚不可摧。

 

22. This is not a Hail Mary. I realize thatI sometimes think out of the box, but this is a well-thought-out game plan.

这不是听天由命。我知道我有时会打破常规,但这是缜密思考过的一步棋。Hail Mary:(天主教)万福马利亚。

 

23. You do whatever you think best. But whatever it is you decide, be firm and stand up for yourself.

做你觉得最合适的事,但无论怎样决定,一定要坚守自己的立场。

 

24. There's no better way to overpower a trickle of doubt than with a flood of naked truth.

打破疑虑最好的利器,莫过于赤裸裸的事实。

 

25. Do not start a war you know you're gonna lose.

别挑起一场你必输的仗。

 

26. It's your call. I won't chase you.

决定权在你,我不会死皮赖脸地追你。


27. I love that woman. I love her more than sharks love blood.

我爱那个女人,甚于鲨鱼爱鲜血。


28.Friends make the worst enemies.

(反目的)朋友是最可怕的敌人。

 

29.Patricia Whittaker, a rare example of some one whose head is in the game instead of up their backside. Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods.

帕特里夏·惠特克,极少数用大脑而不是屁股思考的人。有能力胜任工作的人就像树林中的奇异鸟类一样稀少。

 

30.Proximity to power deludes some into believing they wield it.

接近权力让一些人错以为他们拥有权力。

 

31.She was never more than a faint blip on my radar. We've served each other's purpose.

她于我微若尘埃,我们互相利用。

 

32.A piece of advice as far as career strategies go: It's not worth fucking your way to the middle.

就职场策略而言,一点建议:为了一点点地位跟人上床不值得。

 

33.A great man once said that everything inlife is about sex except sex. Sex is about power.

一位伟人曾经说过,生活的一切都和性有关,除了性本身,性关乎权力。

 

34.Once someone is exposed, they're at yourmercy.

一旦你知道某些人所想的(所做的),他们就得听你发落。

 

35.I said to my Professor, "Why mourn the death of Presidents, or anyone for that matter? The dead can't hear us.” And he asked me if I believed in heaven. I said no. And then he asked if I had no faith in God. I said, "You have it wrong.It's God who has no faith in us."

我问教授:“为什么要悼念总统或死去的人呢?死人又听不到。”他问我是否相信有天堂。

我说不信。他又问我是否也不信上帝。我说:“你错了,是上帝不信我们”。

 

36.Speculation is a poor form of investment and an equally poor form of politics.

推测不是一种好的投资方式,同样也不是一种好的政治手段。


37.Get the fuck out of my face.

给我滚开。


38. You're an even bigger idiot than I thought you were.

你比我想像的还蠢。


39. Go. Before I get violent.

在我动手之前快滚!


40. I think you're an ungrateful, self-entitled little cunt.

你就是个忘恩负义、自以为是的小贱人!


41. I quit. Fuck that place. It was a prison. I'm free now.

我辞职了,去他妈的那个鬼地方,就是个监狱。现在我自由了。


42. If I was home and you pulled that shit, I'd beat the fuck out of you. I would crack your skull on the pavement.

如果是在我的家乡,你给我来那套,我一定揍扁你,我会在人行道上敲碎你的脑壳


43. He wants to rip my head off and peel it like an orange.

他恨不得拧断我的头,揭掉我的头皮,像剥桔子一样。


44. You're an idiot. You're full of shit.

你是个白痴,满嘴胡话。


45. You fuck me, I fuck back.

你耍我, 我会还给你。


46. I never should've got mixed up with this fucking mess.

我就不该搅这趟浑水。


47. I won't let people like you fuck up the world my child has to live in.

我不会让你这样的人毁了我的孩子居住的世界。


48. All my friends are still fucked. And I'm still fucked.

我的朋友还是一团糟,我也还是一团糟。


49. He can go after me all he wants, but to go after my wife? No class.

他冲我怎么来都可以,居然动我老婆?真下作!


50. Jesus Christ, you're fucking unbelievable.

上帝啊,你太不可理喻了。


51.There were a lot of others who proposed. But he was the only one who understood me. He didn't put me on some pedestal. He knew that I didn't want to be adored or coddled. So he took my hand and he put a ring on it.

很多人向我求婚,但他是唯一一个懂我的。他没把我看作什么女神,他知道我不想要崇拜或者溺爱。于是他拉起了我的手,为我戴上了戒指。


52.I envy your free spirit, and I'm attracted to it, but not all of us have that luxury.

我嫉妒你的自由精神并被它吸引,并不是所有人都有这福分。


53.I love your hair short.

我喜欢你短发的样子。


54.You're having a moment.

你现在风头正劲。


55.You're too smart to play dumb.

你太聪明,装不了傻。


56.He's got potential. He's young. He'scapable. He's going places.

他有潜力,年轻,有能力,必有发展。


57.If you help me out, I'll give you everything I got.

如果你能帮我,我必倾尽全力。


58.Harmony, it's not about what's lasting or permanent. It is about individual voices coming together.

和谐,与持久或永恒无关,而是不同的声音汇集在一起。


59.We may have our disagreements, but that doesn't mean we can't look out for each other.

虽然我们有分歧,但不代表我们不能互相照应。

 

60.Tusk understands the difference between power and money. He doesn't measure his wealth in private jets but purchased souls.

塔斯克理解权力和金钱之间的区别。他衡量财富的标准不是私人飞机,而是被收买的人心。

 

61.I don't shackle myself to people I don't know.

我不会把自己绑在我不了解的人身上。

(shackle :v.给...戴上镣铐;束缚)

 

62. Twitter, blogs, enriched media, they're all surface. They're fads.

推特、博客、泛滥的媒体,这些都太肤浅了,不过是昙花一现。

 

63. I finally woke up to what my value is and how undervalued I was slaving away for you.

我终于意识到我的价值和过去为你卖命是多么地屈才。

 

64.Name rings a bell.

名字有点耳熟。

 

65.I'll give you some privacy.

我让你自己待会儿。

 

66.Everything hinges on the next few minutes.

接下来的几分钟将决定一切。

 

67.Has he been bad-mouthing me?

他有说我坏话吗?

 

68. She's holding her cards very close to the chest.

她深藏不露。

 

69. You can live your life the way you want to. I'm done being told how to live mine.

你怎么生活我不管,但也别来管我怎么过。

 

70. Drive safely. No texting behind the wheel.

小心驾驶,莫发信息。


来源:公众号【美丽英语】,整理/刘建辉

刚表态过的朋友 (0 人)

相关阅读

最新评论

热门文章

最新发布

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /1 下一条

QQ|沪ICP备14002422号|简七站务|小黑屋|手机版|简七理财 ( ICP14002422 

GMT+8, 2016-12-6 10:47 , Processed in 0.239487 second(s), 29 queries , Gzip On.

Powered by Discuz! X3.2 Templated by 迪恩网络

© 2001-2013 Comsenz Inc.

返回顶部